LSC Outdoor Hockey Rink
LSC Hockey Rink Information
USE OF FLAGS AT RINK SITE FOR VISUAL OPEN OR CLOSED NOTIFICATION
A Flag will be positioned on parking lot pole located near the hockey rink for visual Open/Closed status of the hockey rink:
RED FLAG – RINK CLOSED, DO NOT USE.
GREEN FLAG – Open
Call our phone hotline for updates of our hockey rink and its conditions.
PHONE HOTLINE for skating conditions at (847)247-5433 *OPTION 3.
There is NO SUPERVISION provided. Therefore, people using the hockey rink are doing so AT THEIR OWN RISK. Posted signage indicates General Rules.
2 seasons of Usage:
Ice Season – ice surface for open skating for ice hockey, ice skating. Season depends on weather & ice conditions.
Non-Ice Season – pavement surface for open skating for roller hockey, in-line skating.
“Open Skating” Usage Details
- Hockey Rink is for “open skating” with users sharing the space for hockey and skating, similar to open gym for soccer, basketball inside the LSC.
- Open to the public for both residents of Libertyville and non-residents. No Fee for usage.
- There is NO SUPERVISION provided. Therefore, people are using the hockey rink are doing so AT THEIR OWN RISK. Posted signage indicates General Rules.
HOURS OF OPERATION
- DAILY, 9am-10pm; Hours subject to change due to weather conditions, ice conditions, etc.
- PHONE HOTLINE for skating conditions at (847)247-5433 *OPTION 3.
Other Important Information
The LSC is not to be used as a warm-up shelter.
A Porta Potty is located at the Rink for skaters to use. No usage of LSC indoor washrooms.
Skaters are to call 911 in the event of accidents or other emergencies.
Hockey Goals will be provided and on-site
No special private rental time during the Ice Season due to unpredictable weather.
Parking available near the hockey rink.